Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I have not had much free time to write, but I have a few things to report:
     I got sick and spent 2 nights and the day between in the hospital, where they said I was dehydrated and low on sodium, which they corrected by IV.  When I got home I started to cough and blow my nose again.  I didn't feel up to going down there myself, as I had planned, so I sent Vincent (a wwoofer who was here with his mother, Evelyn) to the labyrinth spot on my 4-wheeler, and he used that to drag all the logs off the area.  But then he measured to find the centre and found it wasn't as big as it is supposed to be.  He found it was 130 feet across instead of 300. I had better measure again, to be sure, but it is hard to see how a smart boy could be very wrong about it, when he had a 200-foot tape to use.
    When I had Wayne in to do the clearing, I offered to get a tape, but he said he could measure it; I don't remember how.  I told him 300 feet in diameter.  I have been looking at my original diagram and figures and what it comes to is 238 feet in diameter if the pathway is 6 feet wide and 218 feet if it is 4 ft.  But it doesn't have to be much wider than that, or at least doesn't have to be well-cleared outside that.  There could be stumps, &c out there  On one side it goes downhill fairly steeply, so that side doesn't have to be cleared far.  But the other side there are larger trees and humpy ground.
      I will have to measure and then talk to Wayne.

No comments:

Post a Comment