Thursday, December 29, 2011

A couple weeks ago, a woman called me who didn't even have my name, but some friend of hers had told her that I could use lilac wood and she had just cut down a lilac bush. I told her I would ask my friends and see if I could find someone going to Halifax who cold pick it up for me. Some friends did go, but they didn't get time to go get the wood. But sooner or later, I will get it. A woman I have known for many years also told me she had cut down a lilac and would give it to me, but I haven't got it yet. I guess I could just drive over there and get it.
I just decided I should post here about that wood, but I see that I haven't posted about the Christmas fair I went to the 3rd and 4th of December. I sold over $2300 worth of spoons, but not so much lilac, because I don't have much lilac wood left. If I added up how much was lilac, I forget how much it was.
I have spent the last few days cleaning up the scraps, making little spoons and spreaders out of the scraps I saved from making bigger spoons and spatulas, and a good many of those scraps were lilac. So I made a bunch of lilac spoons, but they are all pretty small, or even tiny.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Terron, Thank you for posting the update about the lilac wood. I think the flow is back again. Knowing that you have new lilac wood to sell in the near future, is good so there will come progress in springtime.
    cisca

    ReplyDelete