Sunday, January 30, 2011

I haven't posted for a while, partly because it is winter now, some inches of snow and nothing can happen now til spring, and partly because there is something I don't know what to do about.
Timmy and Wayne, when they first walked over to look at the place, mistook where I mean to clear, so the estimate was distinctly lower than it will be to clear the part I really want cleared. The place they had in mind is too wet for lilacs. Where I do want to put it is grown up to a pretty thick growth of young trees, so it will take a day and a half to 2 more days with his machine. Which is to say $1500 to $2200 more. What they already did has used up all the money I had saved for it. I would like to pay for this completely out of money from lilac wood. But I worry the price of oil could rise quite a lot before I get it done, and make it hard to pay for if I wait too long.
I could pay for it with other spoon money and then pay myself back with money from lilac spoons and bowls. That is the solution I am leaning towards, now. I got some more lilac at the fair in Halifax the 4th and 5th of December, and have cut most of it into spoons already. I also have some more, mainly scraps, left over from the previous lilac, and I need to go over all the lilac stuff I sold and make sure it all got credited, but I doubt I'll have enough to pay for the whole thing until I get more lilac wood, and get it made into something salable. So there could be a long delay if I don't use some other resources for the time being. Still, I have been told more than once, "If I had known, I would have given you the lilac bush I cut down." So maybe I should advertise for lilac wood.
Does anybody have any good ideas to tell me?

No comments:

Post a Comment